Twitter Love and Potential
December 21, 2008 § Leave a comment
Some new (or relatively new) people and organizations have recently joined Twitter, and I’m glad to see them here. I look forward to seeing their tweets, and possibly nominating them for a Shorty Award next year:
- Bitch Magazine — they’ve been on Twitter for a while, but just recently started tweeting in earnest (BTW, great you guys are here and are more active — I am a long-time fan. But I sincerely hope that you will soon start tweeting more content than just about your new Bee Hive giving circle. And this is coming from a fundraising professional.)
- National Center for Lesbian Rights — the leaders of the Marriage Equality movement.
- Walker Art Center — one of the best art museums in the world that happens to be in my home town.
- Plenty Magazine — a green lifestyle magazine.
- Calpernia Addams — America’s Transexual Sweetheart.
- Sister Helen Prejean — Anti death-penalty activist and all around inspiration. She’s been on Twitter for a while, too, and has recently become a little more active.
There are some folks already on Twitter who I wish would be a little more active (including some friends of mine, @ecat, @squirrelguurl, @ggumlock, @calimex, and there are a few others I could name):
- Jenny Holzer — while I understand this isn’t the real Jenny Holzer, Twitter is still a great medium for her truisms. Whoever is behind it, I hope to see more of it.
- Peter Sagal — host of Wait, Wait — Don’t Tell Me. Would love to follow, but he’s so sporadic. Sagal seems to have a little more activity of late, so he may be worth following again.
- United Church of Christ — my denomination. They tweet regularly, but I’d like to see a little more activity.
Here are some people I wish I could follow on Twitter:
- Cornell West — it would just be so awesome if here were tweeting his spiritual genius and love.
- Anne Lamott — writer and social commentator.
- Ted Kooser — former US Poet Laureate.
- Bill Moyers — journalist and public commentator.
- Anne Matthewson — someone I follow over on Ma.gnolia who I think has a brilliant blog. She likes quotations, and I think Twitter would be a great medium for her.
There are others I’m sure I’ll think of that I’d like to see on Twitter. I’ll keep my eye out!
Leave a Reply