Information Overload: Striving for Balance
March 9, 2009 § Leave a comment
I have not been posting here as often as I would like, though I’ve been collecting and organizing ideas of what I want to write about. In recent weeks, between the responsibilities of home and work, juggling work stress, illness at home, and keeping on top of chores and errands, I have been re-prioritizing my tasks and refining my organization system and tools. When am I going to have time to plant my herbs and tomatoes? I need to make sure I have time for it all.
Here are some things that have inspired me lately in getting organized, calm, better able to take care of myself and my responsibilities and still make time for building a creative life:
- To the Best of Our Knowledge show about “Lust for Life” lists and making order out of chaos. This show inspired me to prioritize what I really want to get done.
- Getting Things Done – An system and philosophy of organization that is cult-like in its popularity, but I find to be a system that works with my natural habits.
- Shareaholic – A great browser tool that allows you access to your social networking update tools in one click.
- Remember the Milk – To help organize my personal task list
- Atomkeep – A tool to help manage all of your social networking accounts
- Food Management – from Home Ec 101
- Perseveration: The deep rut of change procrastination – From the Psychology Today Procrastination Blogs
- Schedule a meeting with yourself – from Unclutterer and Smaterware
- TerriLeigh’s Power Yoga podcasts are keeping me grounded and calming me down, with the added benefit of keeping me flexible and strong.